SynaMan Version History
This page lists all public releases of SynaMan. It does not list every nightly build and therefore,
you will see gaps in the build numbers.
Build 1567 - April 19, 2021
- At-rest encryption has been added. Details...
- Ability to force new users to change their password upon first login
- Ability to automatically connect to broken mounted drives.
- Ability to contact support from the web interface
- Bug Fix: Unable to download folders containing % sign.
- Bug Fix: Default quota is not set when creating users from LDAP or invitation.
Build 1557 - August 24, 2020
- Access Logs. Details...
- Mapped Drives across the Internet from any desktop machine. Details...
- Ability to view and remove blacklisted IP address from Configuration/Security screen.
- Bug Fix: Certain special characters were not allowed in password.
Build 1548 - June 23, 2020
- Granular permissions. Details...
- Ability to upload multiple files when CSRF is enabled
- User Management screen has been enhanced to accomodate for additional security permissions
Build 1544 - April 14, 2020
- Ability to Search Files. Details...
- Ability to reset forgot passwords, rather than sending the password via email, which was not secure.
- Security Fix: A vulnerability (CVE-2019-8331) was fixed.
Build 1533 - February 11, 2020
- Bug Fix: Uploads fail unless you explicity select an action for Harmful Extensions
- Bug Fix: User validation from Active Directory fails occasionally.
- Bug Fix: The Auto Update configuration toggles itself when the page is saved.
Build 1532 - February 10, 2020
- Ability to prevent/rename potentially malicious files. Details...
- Ability to use LDAP servers other than MS Exchange
- Security Fix: HTTP redirection is forced after adding a new user, prevent someone from hitting the back button to reveal passwords.
- Security Fix: Password policy rules are enforce even when administrators create new account
Build 1525 - August 28, 2019
- Ability to deny connections from Tor Nodes. Details...
- Email notifications for public links are now in HTML
- Confirmation dialog after creating a public link has been enhanced
- Ability to prompt for end-user information before they upload/download files using public links. Details...
- Ability to automatically block IP addresses that appear to send malicious requests
- Security Fix: CSRF attacks were possible when uploading files.
- Bug Fix: A 404 error is generated when using a DNS server for Let's Encrypt challenge
- Bug Fix: Let's Encrypt certificate cannot be renewed automatically if using a different HTTP server for challenge
Build 1517 - April 29, 2019
- Ability to integrate with Let's Encrypt to create FREE SSL certificate. Details...
- Ability to check-in/out files (Enterprise Edition) Details...
- Web server has been updated
- Ability to make passwords mandatory for public links.
- Security Fix: XSS attack against SynaMan is possible through user's invitation screen.
Build 1506 - Feb 18, 2019
- Security Fix: Ability to call JSP files directly is disabled
- Bug Fix: Emails are sent out using the admin account when public links are created.
- Bug Fix: File names containing non-English characters are occasionally corrupted when using MS Edge.
- Bug Fix: Total branding adds a question mark in the begining of the page
Build 1500 - Sept 26, 2018
- Ability to route emails via Synametrics WebSMTP service if communication to your SMTP server fails. Details ...
Build 1498 - August 15, 2018
- Bug Fix: Files larger than 2.1GB occasionally gets truncated when using the AJAX browser
Build 1496 - July 26, 2018
- Bug Fix: Enhanced Browser gets stuck while fetching directory contents
Build 1495 - July 25, 2018
- Ability to mount SMB shares (remote drives on Windows). Click here for details.
- Bug Fix: Quote screen cannot be saved when CSRF is enabled
- Bug Fix: Smtp password is stored in clear in AppConfig.xml
Build 1488 - December 06, 2017
Build 1474 - November 21, 2016
Bug Fix: Filenames containing foreign characters get corrupted when uploading using AJAX Browser
Enhancement: Two new fields are added in email notifications for public links. These fields includes the recipients name and email.
Build 1472 - October 28, 2016
- Bug Fix: Empty folders are not uploaded when using Enhanced Browser
- Enhancement: The downloaded JNLP file for Enhanced Browser can now optionally remember user credentials.
Build 1469 - September 15, 2016
- Bug Fix: The upload button is not visible when trying to upload files using
a Public Link and browser is IE
Build 1468 - September 06, 2016
- Ability to upload files larger than 2.1 GB using the Ajax Browser
- Integration with Xeams. Click here for details.
Build 1466 - August 01, 2016
- Significant changes have been made in Embedded SMTP Server.
- Ability to listen on two other ports besides primary. For example, you can make the embedded SMTP server listen on port 25, 587 as well as 465 (SSL)
- Ability disallow SMTP Authentication on port SMTP but not secondary
- Ability to delegate SMTP authentication for embedded SMTP server. Click here for more information.
Build 1463 - May 20, 2016
- Public links can be created without specifying an email. In such cases, the link will be displayed on the following message without generating any email.
- Bug Fix: The File Preview feature does not work when there is a space in the file name
Build 1461 - March 07, 2016
- Enhancement: Automatically create new users by sending email invitations. More info...
- Enhancement: The Enhanced Browser is no longer a Java Applet. More info...
Build 1456 - October 02, 2015
- Bug Fix: Fixes a bug related to SSL certificate in Enhanced Browser
- Enhancement: The location of tmpZipDir can now be changed through server.properties file. This location is used by SynaMan to create a zipped file when multiple files or folders are downloaded by the user.
- Bug Fix: A trailing space in user's email or shared folder name results in an error.
- Bug Fix: An & sign in shared folder name creates problem in Enhanced Browser
Build 1452 - June 29, 2015
- New Feature: Template user - new users will inherit shared folder from this user.
- Bug Fix: A trailing space in either user name or shared folder name can result in errors.
Build 1451 - April 16, 2015
- New Feature: Ability to upload files using drag-n-drop when using Ajax Browser or public link. Supported browsers for this feature
are Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. Click here for details.
- New Feature: Ability to upload more than one file at a time.
- New Feature: Ability to add a comment when uploading files using public link. Click here
- Security Fix: CSRF attacks are detected and prevented. Click here for details.
Build 1444 - October 27, 2014
- Security update: Disables SSLv3, which prevents the newly discovered POODLE attack.
Build 1434 - March 04, 2014
Build 1430 - January 16, 2014
- Manifest problem fixed with the applet for Enhanced browser
- The embedded SMTP server can now handle attachments encoded with printed-quotable.
- Ability to rename files when public files are uploaded with same names
Build 1425 - December. 08, 2013
- Support for STARTTLS in embedded SMTP
- Bug fix: uploading files with unicode characters in their name does not work when using the AJAX browser.
- Embedded SMTP can be configured to add the download link either at attachment or part of existing HTML body
Build 1418 - June. 04, 2013
- Triggers - ability to launch custom scripts/executables when files are transferred.
- CLI - Command line interface allow uploading/downloading files to a machine where SynaMan is running, allowing users to script file transfers.
- Global notifications
- Enhanced embedded SMTP server
- Interface enahancments
Build 1398 - Nov. 09, 2012
- Public links can be protected by a password
- Bug fix: Public link notification email does not work when users are authenticated using Active Directory.
Build 1394 - Oct. 22, 2012
- Cache problem with iPhone/iPad is fixed. iOS tends to cache pages, causing users to see stale data.
Build 1393 - Oct. 08, 2012
- Ability to assign free style note to any file
- Ability to notify user when someone downloads/uploads file using public links
Build 1386 - Aug. 27, 2012
- Handing of Tricky path alerts is enhanced.
Build 1384 - July 17, 2012
- Bug Fix: The web interface does not save user's email address under certain conditions.
Build 1382 - June 28, 2012
- Bug Fix: Notification emails are not sent for uploads unless downloads notifications are also enabled.
Build 1380 - June 26, 2012
Build 1365 - May 11, 2012
- Bug fix: On rare occasions, the Embedded SMTP server does not send emails when multiple recipients are specified
Build 1363 - March. 23, 2012
- Ability to download folders via public link
Build 1358 - Feb. 09, 2012
- Enhanced browser - allowing users to upload/download multiple files, complete partially transfered files and Quick edit
Build 1342 - Nov. 09, 2011
- Bug fix: Access to public folder is broken.
Build 1341 - Nov. 08, 2011
- Ability to display menu without right clicking, useful when connecting to SynaMan interface from Andriod devices.
- Bug fix: Foreign characters are not displayed correctly when download and upload template files are modified.
Build 1337 - May. 31, 2011
Build 1328 - May. 05, 2011
- Ability to abort an upload.
- File filter in the Explorer window. Users can specify a wild card like *.txt to limit files ending with .txt. Multiple filters can be separated by a | symbol. For example, *.gif|*.jpg
Build 1325 - Apr. 20, 2011
- Weaker SSL ciphers are now disabled by default, forcing clients to use 128 bit encryption..
Build 1324 - Apr. 08, 2011
- Remote file explorer is now compatible with IE 9.
Build 1322 - Mar. 08, 2011
- Bug Fix: Zipped file cannot be created for multiple downloads if the shared folder does not have write access.
Build 1321 - Sep. 15, 2010
- Bug Fix: A security related bug is fixed.
Build 1318 - Sep. 01, 2010
- Bug Fix: The HTTP server accepts multiple Content-Length headers in request, which can be misused by a malicious user.
Build 1316 - July 14, 2010
- Bug Fix: Ampersands in file names are not handled correctly when files are being downloaded.
Build 1314 - June 17, 2010
- Users can change their password through the web interface.
- Existing file name is displayed as default when renaming files.
Build 1313 - May 27, 2010
- Bug Fix: Public links are not created correctly when using IPv6 and connecting from localhost
- Bug Fix: Sometimes users can delete files from a read-only folder
Build 1310 - May 12, 2010
- Public links for HTTPS can now be created.
- Admin's home page displays current activity
- Admin's home page displays disk status for the shared folder rather than the installation drive.
Build 1304 - Apr 30, 2010
- Bug Fix: More than one public folder were not getting displayed through the explorer interface.
Build 1303 - Apr 14, 2010
- TLS and SSL are now supported when sending out-bound emails.
Build 1302 - Apr 01, 2010
- Login IDs are now case-insensitive.
- Ability to integrate with Apache mod_proxy
Build 1291 - Feb 12, 2010
- Ability to specify a character sets for non-English users. Click here for more information
Build 1289 - Feb 03, 2010
- Bug fix: When modifying data for existing users, users can mistakenly add one user twice.
- Bug fix: Login form now uses HTTP POST rather than GET
Build 1282 - Jan 25, 2010
Build 1272 - Jan 09, 2010
- Preview - views files on a host machine without downloading them
- Manage existing public links
- The actual hyper link is displayed on the screen after you create a new public link
Build 1261 - Dec. 22, 2009
- Bug fix - Public link for upload expires prematurely for empty folders.
Build 1259 - Dec. 18, 2009
- Public folders - automatically adds folders to every user
- Custom branding for your company.
- Ability to remove a folder from user's account. Earlier versions used to mark the folder for no access. Now you can completely remove an unwanted folder.
Build 1246 - Nov.. 20, 2009
- Bug fix - deleting a user does not persist. User appears after reboot.
- Bug fix - multiple public link do not work in the same HTTP session
Build 1205 - Oct. 15, 2009
- File upload/download notifications sent via email
- Ability to add public links
- Security alerts via email
- Remote cut/copy/paste operations
- Troubleshooting utility added for dynamic IP address
Build 1202 - Jul. 29, 2009
- Several enhancements to AJAX interface has been made.
- File upload status window
- Audit trail logs
- Additional logging entries added
- Discovery service added for dynamic IP address
Build 1185 - Dec. 27, 2008
- Completely new interface using AJAX. Includes:
- Remote file manager
- Remote browse
- Storage occurs in XML format rather than plain property files
- Users can now use SSH to connect to the web Interface
- Many-to-many relationships can be created between folders and users
- Enhanced logging capabilities added
Build 972 - May 10, 2008
- Runs as a service on Windows machine
- Start/stop scripts added for Linux
- Ability to restart SynaMan from the web interface
- Enhanced logging capabilities added
Build 805 - Jul 19, 2007
- Updated to JRE to 1.5
- Bug fix - uploading large files fails sometimes
Build 786 - Jun 15, 2007
- Ability to move up to parent folder added
- Ability to jump to a user defined folder