SynaMan Version History
This page lists all public releases of SynaMan. It does not list every nightly build and therefore,
you will see gaps in the build numbers.
Build 1603 - August 08, 2022
- Integration with an Identify Server for Single Sign-On . Click here for details.
- Security Fix - Files affecting CVE-2022-23307 are removed from SynaMan.
Although these files were present in the older builds, they were not used. Out of an abundance of caution, this build
completely removes them.
Build 1595 - February 08, 2022
- Ability to integrate SynaMan with third-party antivirus software. Click here for details.
- Ability to modify the user id for admin from using the web interface.
- Ability to generate an alert when a user device is used to connect as admin.
- Ability to make TOTP the default mechanism for two-factor authentication.
- URLs resulting in a 404 error are also branded.
- Custom template can be used when generating emails for two-factor authentication
- Bug Fix: Trying to download a folder through public link results in an error.
Build 1589 - January 03, 2022
- Ability to enable ciphers recommended by FIPS 140-2 guidelines. Details...
- Ability to block user id besides IP address when incorrect passwords are specified.
- X-Forwarded-For header is honored when SynaMan runs behind a reverse proxy server
- Security Fix - Files affecting CVE-2019-17571 and
CVE-2021-4104 are removed from SynaMan. Although these files were present
in the older builds, they were not used. Out of an abundance of caution, this build completely removes them.
- Security Fix - URLs for public link downloads can be modified by guessing files names to download unauthorized files.
XSS attack in recipient's email client.
Build 1580 - September 23, 2021
- Bug Fix: Files in the recycling bin are saved even when disabled.
Build 1579 - September 07, 2021
- Recycle Bin has been added. Details...
- Ability to download uploaded files through the notification email message.
- Ability to upload multiple files from mobile devices, such as iPhone/Android.
- File Explorer's height gets adjusted on large screen.
- Enhanced restarting.
- Ability to modify existing folders, rather than creating new folders
- Ability to patch a custom version using the web interface.
- Security Update: JQuery version has been updated to mitigate risks mentioned on CVE-2015-9251, CVE-2015-11358, CVE-2020-11022, CVE-2020-11023
- Security Update: Ability to force TLS 1.2
- Security Update: Restore password URL uses AES encryption for authentication token for enhanced entropy.
- New icons have been added to Manager User and Folder screen to indicate encryption and recycle bin.
- Bug Fix: Mobile interface ignores delete and zip/unzip permissions
- Bug Fix: Audit and Access logs are not created when connecting from mobile devices
- Bug Fix: Current activity is not updated when using Login URL from a mobile device
Build 1567 - April 19, 2021
- At-rest encryption has been added. Details...
- Ability to force new users to change their password upon first login
- Ability to automatically connect to broken mounted drives.
- Ability to contact support from the web interface
- Bug Fix: Unable to download folders containing % sign.
- Bug Fix: Default quota is not set when creating users from LDAP or invitation.
Build 1557 - August 24, 2020
- Access Logs. Details...
- Mapped Drives across the Internet from any desktop machine. Details...
- Ability to view and remove blacklisted IP address from Configuration/Security screen.
- Bug Fix: Certain special characters were not allowed in password.
Build 1548 - June 23, 2020
- Granular permissions. Details...
- Ability to upload multiple files when CSRF is enabled
- User Management screen has been enhanced to accomodate for additional security permissions
Build 1544 - April 14, 2020
- Ability to Search Files. Details...
- Ability to reset forgot passwords, rather than sending the password via email, which was not secure.
- Security Fix: A vulnerability (CVE-2019-8331) was fixed.
Build 1533 - February 11, 2020
- Bug Fix: Uploads fail unless you explicity select an action for Harmful Extensions
- Bug Fix: User validation from Active Directory fails occasionally.
- Bug Fix: The Auto Update configuration toggles itself when the page is saved.
Build 1532 - February 10, 2020
- Ability to prevent/rename potentially malicious files. Details...
- Ability to use LDAP servers other than MS Exchange
- Security Fix: HTTP redirection is forced after adding a new user, prevent someone from hitting the back button to reveal passwords.
- Security Fix: Password policy rules are enforce even when administrators create new account
Build 1525 - August 28, 2019
- Ability to deny connections from Tor Nodes. Details...
- Email notifications for public links are now in HTML
- Confirmation dialog after creating a public link has been enhanced
- Ability to prompt for end-user information before they upload/download files using public links. Details...
- Ability to automatically block IP addresses that appear to send malicious requests
- Security Fix: CSRF attacks were possible when uploading files.
- Bug Fix: A 404 error is generated when using a DNS server for Let's Encrypt challenge
- Bug Fix: Let's Encrypt certificate cannot be renewed automatically if using a different HTTP server for challenge
Build 1517 - April 29, 2019
- Ability to integrate with Let's Encrypt to create FREE SSL certificate. Details...
- Ability to check-in/out files (Enterprise Edition) Details...
- Web server has been updated
- Ability to make passwords mandatory for public links.
- Security Fix: XSS attack against SynaMan is possible through user's invitation screen.
Build 1506 - Feb 18, 2019
- Security Fix: Ability to call JSP files directly is disabled
- Bug Fix: Emails are sent out using the admin account when public links are created.
- Bug Fix: File names containing non-English characters are occasionally corrupted when using MS Edge.
- Bug Fix: Total branding adds a question mark in the begining of the page
Build 1500 - Sept 26, 2018
- Ability to route emails via Synametrics WebSMTP service if communication to your SMTP server fails. Details ...
Build 1498 - August 15, 2018
- Bug Fix: Files larger than 2.1GB occasionally gets truncated when using the AJAX browser
Build 1496 - July 26, 2018
- Bug Fix: Enhanced Browser gets stuck while fetching directory contents
Build 1495 - July 25, 2018
- Ability to mount SMB shares (remote drives on Windows). Click here for details.
- Bug Fix: Quote screen cannot be saved when CSRF is enabled
- Bug Fix: Smtp password is stored in clear in AppConfig.xml
Build 1488 - December 06, 2017
Build 1474 - November 21, 2016
Bug Fix: Filenames containing foreign characters get corrupted when uploading using AJAX Browser
Enhancement: Two new fields are added in email notifications for public links. These fields includes the recipients name and email.
Build 1472 - October 28, 2016
- Bug Fix: Empty folders are not uploaded when using Enhanced Browser
- Enhancement: The downloaded JNLP file for Enhanced Browser can now optionally remember user credentials.
Build 1469 - September 15, 2016
- Bug Fix: The upload button is not visible when trying to upload files using
a Public Link and browser is IE
Build 1468 - September 06, 2016
- Ability to upload files larger than 2.1 GB using the Ajax Browser
- Integration with Xeams. Click here for details.
Build 1466 - August 01, 2016
- Significant changes have been made in Embedded SMTP Server.
- Ability to listen on two other ports besides primary. For example, you can make the embedded SMTP server listen on port 25, 587 as well as 465 (SSL)
- Ability disallow SMTP Authentication on port SMTP but not secondary
- Ability to delegate SMTP authentication for embedded SMTP server. Click here for more information.
Build 1463 - May 20, 2016
- Public links can be created without specifying an email. In such cases, the link will be displayed on the following message without generating any email.
- Bug Fix: The File Preview feature does not work when there is a space in the file name
Build 1461 - March 07, 2016
- Enhancement: Automatically create new users by sending email invitations. More info...
- Enhancement: The Enhanced Browser is no longer a Java Applet. More info...
Build 1456 - October 02, 2015
- Bug Fix: Fixes a bug related to SSL certificate in Enhanced Browser
- Enhancement: The location of tmpZipDir can now be changed through server.properties file. This location is used by SynaMan to create a zipped file when multiple files or folders are downloaded by the user.
- Bug Fix: A trailing space in user's email or shared folder name results in an error.
- Bug Fix: An & sign in shared folder name creates problem in Enhanced Browser
Build 1452 - June 29, 2015
- New Feature: Template user - new users will inherit shared folder from this user.
- Bug Fix: A trailing space in either user name or shared folder name can result in errors.
Build 1451 - April 16, 2015
- New Feature: Ability to upload files using drag-n-drop when using Ajax Browser or public link. Supported browsers for this feature
are Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. Click here for details.
- New Feature: Ability to upload more than one file at a time.
- New Feature: Ability to add a comment when uploading files using public link. Click here
- Security Fix: CSRF attacks are detected and prevented. Click here for details.
Build 1444 - October 27, 2014
- Security update: Disables SSLv3, which prevents the newly discovered POODLE attack.
Build 1434 - March 04, 2014
Build 1430 - January 16, 2014
- Manifest problem fixed with the applet for Enhanced browser
- The embedded SMTP server can now handle attachments encoded with printed-quotable.
- Ability to rename files when public files are uploaded with same names
Build 1425 - December. 08, 2013
- Support for STARTTLS in embedded SMTP
- Bug fix: uploading files with unicode characters in their name does not work when using the AJAX browser.
- Embedded SMTP can be configured to add the download link either at attachment or part of existing HTML body
Build 1418 - June. 04, 2013
- Triggers - ability to launch custom scripts/executables when files are transferred.
- CLI - Command line interface allow uploading/downloading files to a machine where SynaMan is running, allowing users to script file transfers.
- Global notifications
- Enhanced embedded SMTP server
- Interface enahancments
Build 1398 - Nov. 09, 2012
- Public links can be protected by a password
- Bug fix: Public link notification email does not work when users are authenticated using Active Directory.
Build 1394 - Oct. 22, 2012
- Cache problem with iPhone/iPad is fixed. iOS tends to cache pages, causing users to see stale data.
Build 1393 - Oct. 08, 2012
- Ability to assign free style note to any file
- Ability to notify user when someone downloads/uploads file using public links
Build 1386 - Aug. 27, 2012
- Handing of Tricky path alerts is enhanced.
Build 1384 - July 17, 2012
- Bug Fix: The web interface does not save user's email address under certain conditions.
Build 1382 - June 28, 2012
- Bug Fix: Notification emails are not sent for uploads unless downloads notifications are also enabled.
Build 1380 - June 26, 2012
Build 1365 - May 11, 2012
- Bug fix: On rare occasions, the Embedded SMTP server does not send emails when multiple recipients are specified
Build 1363 - March. 23, 2012
- Ability to download folders via public link
Build 1358 - Feb. 09, 2012
- Enhanced browser - allowing users to upload/download multiple files, complete partially transfered files and Quick edit
Build 1342 - Nov. 09, 2011
- Bug fix: Access to public folder is broken.
Build 1341 - Nov. 08, 2011
- Ability to display menu without right clicking, useful when connecting to SynaMan interface from Android devices.
- Bug fix: Foreign characters are not displayed correctly when download and upload template files are modified.
Build 1337 - May. 31, 2011
Build 1328 - May. 05, 2011
- Ability to abort an upload.
- File filter in the Explorer window. Users can specify a wild card like *.txt to limit files ending with .txt. Multiple filters can be separated by a | symbol. For example, *.gif|*.jpg
Build 1325 - Apr. 20, 2011
- Weaker SSL ciphers are now disabled by default, forcing clients to use 128 bit encryption..
Build 1324 - Apr. 08, 2011
- Remote file explorer is now compatible with IE 9.
Build 1322 - Mar. 08, 2011
- Bug Fix: Zipped file cannot be created for multiple downloads if the shared folder does not have write access.
Build 1321 - Sep. 15, 2010
- Bug Fix: A security related bug is fixed.
Build 1318 - Sep. 01, 2010
- Bug Fix: The HTTP server accepts multiple Content-Length headers in request, which can be misused by a malicious user.
Build 1316 - July 14, 2010
- Bug Fix: Ampersands in file names are not handled correctly when files are being downloaded.
Build 1314 - June 17, 2010
- Users can change their password through the web interface.
- Existing file name is displayed as default when renaming files.
Build 1313 - May 27, 2010
- Bug Fix: Public links are not created correctly when using IPv6 and connecting from localhost
- Bug Fix: Sometimes users can delete files from a read-only folder
Build 1310 - May 12, 2010
- Public links for HTTPS can now be created.
- Admin's home page displays current activity
- Admin's home page displays disk status for the shared folder rather than the installation drive.
Build 1304 - Apr 30, 2010
- Bug Fix: More than one public folder were not getting displayed through the explorer interface.
Build 1303 - Apr 14, 2010
- TLS and SSL are now supported when sending out-bound emails.
Build 1302 - Apr 01, 2010
- Login IDs are now case-insensitive.
- Ability to integrate with Apache mod_proxy
Build 1291 - Feb 12, 2010
- Ability to specify a character sets for non-English users. Click here for more information
Build 1289 - Feb 03, 2010
- Bug fix: When modifying data for existing users, users can mistakenly add one user twice.
- Bug fix: Login form now uses HTTP POST rather than GET
Build 1282 - Jan 25, 2010
Build 1272 - Jan 09, 2010
- Preview - views files on a host machine without downloading them
- Manage existing public links
- The actual hyper link is displayed on the screen after you create a new public link
Build 1261 - Dec. 22, 2009
- Bug fix - Public link for upload expires prematurely for empty folders.
Build 1259 - Dec. 18, 2009
- Public folders - automatically adds folders to every user
- Custom branding for your company.
- Ability to remove a folder from user's account. Earlier versions used to mark the folder for no access. Now you can completely remove an unwanted folder.
Build 1246 - Nov.. 20, 2009
- Bug fix - deleting a user does not persist. User appears after reboot.
- Bug fix - multiple public link do not work in the same HTTP session
Build 1205 - Oct. 15, 2009
- File upload/download notifications sent via email
- Ability to add public links
- Security alerts via email
- Remote cut/copy/paste operations
- Troubleshooting utility added for dynamic IP address
Build 1202 - Jul. 29, 2009
- Several enhancements to AJAX interface has been made.
- File upload status window
- Audit trail logs
- Additional logging entries added
- Discovery service added for dynamic IP address
Build 1185 - Dec. 27, 2008
- Completely new interface using AJAX. Includes:
- Remote file manager
- Remote browse
- Storage occurs in XML format rather than plain property files
- Users can now use SSH to connect to the web Interface
- Many-to-many relationships can be created between folders and users
- Enhanced logging capabilities added
Build 972 - May 10, 2008
- Runs as a service on Windows machine
- Start/stop scripts added for Linux
- Ability to restart SynaMan from the web interface
- Enhanced logging capabilities added
Build 805 - Jul 19, 2007
- Updated to JRE to 1.5
- Bug fix - uploading large files fails sometimes
Build 786 - Jun 15, 2007
- Ability to move up to parent folder added
- Ability to jump to a user defined folder