Changing the location of the temp folder.
Syncrify often saves files in the TEMP folder during a backup. The easiest way to find the path for this
TEMP folder is to:
We strongly recommend you put the TEMP folder and user repository on the same volume. This means if the user repository is on F: drive, the TEMP folder should also be on the same drive.
During backups Syncrify downloads the delta
from the client
and merges it with the actual file on the server. This merging is done in the
TEMP folder. Once merging is complete, the final file is moved to the appropriate location. If the TEMP
folder and user repository is on the same volume, Syncrify is able to move
file rather than copy
, which can save significant I/O.
Steps to move the TEMP folder
- Locate the installation folder of Syncrify
- Locate the config folder, which is a sub-folder within the
- Create a text file called server.properties and type the
following line in this file.
VERY IMPORTANT: The config folder may have another file called
service.properties. Make sure you modify server.properties and NOT service.properties.
- Here F:/temp is the location of the new temp folder.
- Restart Syncrify after creating this file
Ensure the path for the new location exists on your machine.