The Syncrify server is the machine where backed up files are copied. It is recommended you install the Syncrify server on a machine with
plenty of hard drive.
- Operating System - The following operating systems are supported.
- Microsoft Windows (Windows Vista or newer, including Server 2012 and Windows 10)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard or later (For older versions, download JDK 1.6 from Apple's website before installing
- Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX and other flavors of UNIX.
- Memory - 512 MB required, 1 GB Recommended
- Hard Disk - 60 MB for installation. You will need additional hard-drive to hold
- CPU - Intel Core i5 or above is recommended. We do not recommend running Syncrify Server on an ARM CPU.
Syncrify uses the "Rsync" algorithm to backup deltas within a file. This algorithm tries to minimize network traffic at the cost of local disk I/O and CPU.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended using a faster CPU and disk that is local to the machine. Remote disk architectures,
such as iSCSI or mapped drives are not recommended.
Additionally, ARM CPUs are not recommended.
Refer to this page
if you are planning to backup Mac or Linux machines to a Windows machine for some restrictions.