The Word SynaMan (pronounced as Cinnamon) stands for Synametrics File Manager. SynaMan is an innovative, all-in-one web-based remote file manager allowing users to upload or download files from any machine or a mobile device, anywhere on the Internet. It is secure and is easy to install on any machine running any operating system.
You install SynaMan on a machine in your network. This is called the host machine. Users on the Internet or on your local network connect to this host using their browser and can view, upload or download files in a secure manner.
Watch a demo video showing the capabilities of SynaMan
| Personal Edition
100% free for non-commercial, personal use. Perfect for home users who want to share files with their friends
| Professional / Enterprise Edition
Intended for commercial use and supports unlimited number of users. Perfect for companies who want to share files with their clients or have them upload documents directly to your office computer.
- Easy to install - Just run the installer. No need to configure any web servers, database servers or need to install any other software
- 100% browser based - No software needed on the client end except their web browser. Works seamlessly with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Google Chrome
- Built-in web server - A web server comes built-in, which by default listens on two HTTP ports and one HTTPS port allowing secure communication
- Intuitive interface - No training required for the end-user. If they know how to use Windows Explorer, they will know how to use SynaMan
- Mobile access - Access files from a number of mobile devices like iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows mobile. Send large files to colleagues right from your mobile device.
- Transfer large files - Easy transfer large files over the Internet directly to and from your machine.
- FTP replacement - Eliminate the need of an FTP server in your company.
- Central repository - Use it as a central repository to share data and documents related to a project with team members. Automatic email notifications will keep everyone informed about new files.
How does it work?
- Install SynaMan on any machine. This is called the host machine.
- Once installed, SynaMan is going to start a built-in web server on the host machine that users can connect to.
- Using the web interface, administrators can create shared folders as well as other users.
- Users on the Internet or on your local network connect to the host machine using their favorite browser and upload or download files.
- Administrators can grant read and write permissions to individual users. The system maintains a complete audit-trail log that can be used to monitor user's activity on the system.