Follow the steps below to install SynaMan on any other platform including
UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX), MacOSx and BSD.
IMPORTANT: Installation file for these platforms does not come with a JRE (Java Runtime Environment). Therefore, you will need to install a JRE before installing SynaMan. Additionally,
java must be in your machine path.
If you are installing the server on Solaris or MacOSx, it is very likely that the JRE is already installed on the machine.
- Log in as root
- Download necessary files
- Extract the tar file into any directory using the following command
gunzip -c SynaManJava.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
- Change the permissions on run.sh so that it becomes an executable by using the
chmod +x run.sh
- Execute run.sh to start the server
- Optionally, write a script to start the server when the machine restarts. Refer to the
documentation for your platform to see how to run scripts at startup.
- Using your browser connect to