SynTail is a web-based tail utility that can be used to display the last few lines of a
text file over the Internet using a web browser.
Typically, you install SynTail on a server machine containing log files that you
wish to monitor. This is called the host machine. Then, you connect to SynTail's web interface
from any computer with a web browser to view these logs files.
- Multi-Platform - Easily install SynTail on any operating system, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX and Mac OS X
- Simultaneous access - Multiple users can watch one or more files simultaneously in real-time
- Data filter - Filter data with keywords
- Highlight - Highlight desired data by specifying a search string allowing users to easily locate interesting text
- Universal access - The host machine where the actual log file resides can be anywhere on the Internet. All you need is a web browser on the client's end to view data. No plugins are required. Supported browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Opera
- Very secure - Only authorized users can view files. Administrators can grant access to a specific file to the desired users
- Audit trail - Audit trail logs and email notification allow administrators to take preemptive steps to prevent unauthorized usage
- Easy install - Everything you need is included in one small package. You DO NOT have to configure any web or database servers