||Follow the steps below to install SynTail on any other platform including
UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX), MacOSx and BSD.
IMPORTANT: Installation file for these platforms does not
come with a JRE (Java Runtime Environment). Therefore, you will need to install
a JRE before installing SynTail. Additionally,
java must be in your
If you are installing the server on Solaris or MacOSx, it
is very likely that the JRE is already installed on the machine.
- Log in as root
- Extract the tar file into any directory using the following
gunzip -c SynTail.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
- Change the permissions on run.sh so that it becomes an executable by
using the following command.
chmod +x run.sh
- Execute run.sh to start the server
- Optionally, write a script to start the server when the machine restarts.
Refer to the documentation for your platform to see how to run scripts at
- Using your browser connect to