Syncrify licensing and cost
to see how to get a trial license
Syncrify comes in three editions:
- Syncrify Personal
- Syncrify Professional
- Syncrify for ISP
This is the free edition geared for non-commercial use and is limited to one user account.
Non-commercial use is defined as individuals using the product for personal use, such as someone using Syncrify to backup their home computer.
use the Personal edition in:
- Home office
- Profit as well as non-profit companies
- Government institutions (federal, state, local)
- Educational institutions (including universities and state or local school systems)
- and any individuals using Syncrify on behalf of such entities or institutions.
Following restrictions apply when using the Personal edition.
* Versioning, Encryption and Two-way sync can be used for the first 30 days on trial basis. Once 30 days are over, you must upgrade to Professional edition if you decide to continue using these features.
The Professional version is available and licensed for use within for-profit businesses, government institutions (federal, state, local), educational institutions (including universities and state or local school systems), and any individuals using Syncrify on behalf of such entities or institutions.
Following rules apply when using the Professional edition.
- You only purchase license for machines where your install Syncrify client.
- There is no charge for installing Syncrify server.
- A single machine-client costs $49
- For every 5 licenses you purchase you get one for free. Licenses must be purchased together to get this discount
The ISP edition is designed for companies that want to provide backup service to their clients using Syncrify.
The ISP edition includes everything in Syncrify Professional with following differences.
- It is sold as a bundle - it includes a 100 user license.
- License is based on user not machine
- Includes branding for both client and server allowing you to put your company name and logo
- Allows integration with a relational database
Support is free for the 1st year when you purchase Syncrify. The cost of this support is included in the price and therefore, you don't pay anything else for the first year.
Platinum support includes:
- Free upgrades to the software
- Support via telephone
- Priority email support
- Public forums
- Access to pre-release versions of the software
Once the first year is over, you have a choice of renewing your support contract for 40% of what you originally paid. If you decide not to purchase the support contract, you may continue using the last version of Syncrify for as long as you like without paying us anything. In that case, the only support option you will have is through our public forums. You won't get any updates to the software.
Consider the following scenario
||Support ends on
|You purchase a new license for 2 client-machines
||January 01, 2011
||$98 (includes support for 1 year)
||January 01, 2012
||$39.20 due on January 01, 2012
|You add two more licenses.
||June 01, 2011
||$98 (includes support for 6 months)
||January 01, 2012
||$19.60 due on January 01, 2012
IMPORTANT: Support contract for additional licenses purchased later on will expire on the same date when the contract for primary record expires. However, the cost of renewal will be prorated to adjust the number of days already elapsed.
Therefore, you will have to renew the support contract for all 4 licenses together.
What if I don't want to renew?
No problem. Considering the above example, you will be able to upgrade to the latest version of Syncrify up until December 31, 2011. After that you won't be able to upgrade Syncrify but will be able to use it for as long as you like. Click here for details.