Creating users in SynTail
To view file contents, you must create at least one non-admin user. Click Manage Users
on the top menu to add or modify existing users.
The following values are required when adding a new user
- Full name - refers to the full name of the person. This is used for reporting purposes only.
- Email - Since email address uniquely identify a person, it is used as the login id in SynTail.
- Password - This serves as a login password.
Associating File Bundles
One user can have one or more File Bundles associated with them. A user will have access to every file that belongs to an associated bundle.
To add a bundle, click Add File Bundle
link next to the user name.
- Users in SynTail are not tied to the users on the operating system.
- There is no limit on the number of users you create
- There is no limit on the number of bundles that can be associated with a user