Getting updates for Syncrify
Since Syncrify is based on a client/server model, it is important you upgrade both client and
server at the same time. Using an older client with a newer server can result in errors.
Updating Syncrify Server
Follow the steps below to download a new version of Syncrify server.
- Connect to Syncrify's web interface as admin
- Click Check for updates under the Quick Links
on the right hand side
- If an update is available, you will be presented with a link to download it
- Once the download is complete, click the Restart button. This will restart Syncrify
in the background.
- Try connecting back to Syncrify after some time. IMPORTANT: Do NOT hit
refresh on the browser. This may send a restart request back to the server. Try typing the URL again.
Updating Syncrify Client
Follow the steps below to download a new version of Syncrify client
There is no need to upgrade individual clients manually if you are using the service-based client. The following instructions apply if you are
using Integrated client. Click here
for more information.
- Ensure the latest version is running on the server
- Connect to the web interface of the server.
- Click the link for Download client under Quick
- Download the latest client binaries
- On Windows OS, uninstall the client and reinstall the newer version. On Linux, UNIX and other platforms simply replace the
older version of SyncrifyClient.jar file with the newer copy
- Client configuration files and profiles are NOT saved in the installation folder. Therefore, uninstalling Syncrify client
does not remove any configuration/profiles from your machine.