Syncrify » Knowledge base
|Subject:||Disabling server-to-client direction|
|Creation date:||5/21/12 11:10 AM|
|Last modified on:||5/21/12 11:39 AM|
Syncrify allow users to change backup directions
. However, this can be a dangerous option to use if someone inadvertently changes this option from Client-toServer to Server-to-client, which will replace newer files on the client with older versions on the server.
Steps to disable Server-To-Client
There are two ways to disable Server-to-Client direction:
IMPORTANT The option only has an affect if both Syncrify clent and server are newer than v3.2, build 625
- Individual clients - This is done in Syncrify client and only affects one client.
- Start Syncrify client
- Click Options under Tools menu
- Select Additional Options tab
- Check Disable client-to-server
- Globably for every client - This is done in Syncrify server and affects every client. This takes precedence over individual setting.
- Log in to Syncrify using the admin account
- Click Configuration and then go to Advanced Configuration
- Check Disable Server-to-client
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.