Side effects of expired support contract
Purchasing the support contract for Syncrify is optional. This page lays down our policy if you let the support contract expire.
The following changes will occur if you decide not to renew the support contract for Syncrify.
- You will not be able to upgrade Syncrify (client and server) to a newer build.
- You will not be able to build a branded client.
- You will not be able to call us for support. Support will only be available through email and our public forums.
- You may continue using the last version of Syncrify that you had before support expired.
If you decide not to renew the support contract, ensure you retain the installation files of Syncrify. We do not keep
older versions of Syncrify Client or Server on our end.
Could I have gaps in support contract?
Yes. You could have gaps in your support contract. Consider the following example:
- Assume you purchased a 10-user license on Jan 01, 2016.
- You will automatically get free support until Jan 01, 2017
- You decided not to renew the support contract the following year.
- You want to renew your support contract on June 01, 2017. This means there was a 6 months gap between the contract.
You will be able to renew your support contract on June 01. However, if the list price of Syncrify changes during this period, the
cost of your next contract will be performed at the new pricing model.