Modifying repository path for a user
The current version of Syncrify does not allow modifying a repository path for a user. Later
versions of Syncrify will handle this situation automatically. In the meantime,
follow the steps below to manually modify the path.
- Login to Syncrify's web interface using the admin account.
- Click on Manage Users and notice the value for repository path for the user.
- Manually copy the entire directory structure of this repository path to the new location of your choice.
- Delete the existing user from Syncrify
- Recreate the same user with a new repository path
Deleting a user will also remove the repository. Therefore, if you have a large dataset already backed up, consider moving the repository manually.
Manually moving user's repository path
- Stop Syncrify Server
$INSTALL_DIR\config\UserMappings.xml file and open it any editor
- Make a backup of the file in case you need to rollback
- Search for the older path and replace the value with newer location
- Manually move the files to the newer location using the file copy mechanism on your operating system
- Restart Syncrify Server
- Login using the user's account and confirm you see the files.