Cache Folder Location
Using folder cache
in Syncrify can save tremendous time during backups
provided you have many folders. By default, the cache folder is located in the Data Folder
. This cache can take some room on the disk therefore, users may want to put the actual files
on a different disk/path.
Follow the directions below to move the cache location to a different path.
- Assume you want to move the cache folder to F:\SyncrifyCache
- Open Syncrify Client
- Click Open Data Folder under the File menu
- Locate and open ClientConfig.xml in any editor, such as Notepad
- Search for the word clientCacheFolder. There is good chance the word will not be found. However, if you see it
in the file, simply change the path to a F:\SyncrifyCache.
- If you do not find the word, add a new line towards the top of the file that reads:
The modified file should look like:
- Save the file
- Manually move the files from $DATA_FOLDER\FolderCache to F:\SyncrifyCache