Changing the path for Data Folder in Syncrify
Syncrify automatically selects the path for its Data Folder,
which is kept in the user's home folder. If you want multiple users to share these profiles, you will have to modify this location and move it to a folder that is not user specific.
The following steps display how to move this path.
On Microsoft Window
Changing the location of the Data Folder is a two-step process on Windows:
The installation location for Syncrify Client on older clients can be
Step 1 - Modify Syncrify GUI
- Using Windows Explorer, go to
C:\Program Files\BackupClient, or the folder where you have installed Syncrify client.
- Open BackupClient.lax file in any editor like Notepad
- Add the following line towards the end of the file
There are two important things to note here:
- Text after the = sign is specified within double quotes
- Use forward slash to specify folder separation.
Step 2 - Modify Service
- Create a new file called
C:\Program Files\BackupClient with the following contents:
Ensure, the file name is
service.properties and NOT
- Open an elevated Command Prompt (Run as administrator)
- Change the current directory to the installation folder by typing:
cd "C:\Program Files\BackupClient"
- Uninstall the service by using the following command:
- Reinstall the service by using the following command:
On Linux and other platforms
On Linux and other platforms, you will have to modify the shell script that is used to run Syncrify Client. Simply add -Dsyncrify.custom.home=/tmp/data
text after java
, for example:
java -Dsyncrify.custom.home=/tmp/data -jar SyncrifyClient.jar $*
with the actual path