Syncrify » Knowledge base
|Subject:||How to configure firewall on Windows 7|
|Creation date:||8/5/10 11:06 AM|
|Last modified on:||8/12/10 5:01 PM|
Configuring firewall on Windows 7
When you install Syncrify or SynaMan on any Windows machine, it is quite possible the built-in firewall will prevent users from connecting to your server from other machine.
Following steps demonstrate how to configure the firewall in Windows 7 to allow clients to connect from other machines.
- Click the Start button and type "firewall" in the search bar
- Select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- The following window will open. Click Inbound Rules
- Click New Rule... on the right hand side
- Select Port
- Specify the port you have configured in Syncrify. By default this is 5800
- Click Allow the connection
- Check all three boxes: Domain, Private and Public
- Assign a name for this rule
- Finally, click Finish
Posted by Todd on 2/22/14 8:44 AM
I found enabling the service worked but enabling the port did not.
Posted by Kenfi on 3/2/14 9:22 PM
Can you share the steps how could you enable the service? Thanks.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.