Syncrify » Knowledge base
|Subject:||Disabling server-to-client direction|
|Creation date:||5/21/12 11:10 AM|
|Last modified on:||11/12/18 12:08 PM|
Syncrify allows users to change backup directions
. However, this can be a dangerous option to use if someone inadvertently changes this option from Client-to-Server to Server-to-client, which will replace newer files on the client with older versions on the server.
Steps to disable Server-To-Client
There are two ways to disable Server-to-Client direction:
IMPORTANT The option only has an affect if both Syncrify client and server are newer than v3.2, build 625
- Individual clients - This is done in Syncrify client and only affects one client.
- Start Syncrify client
- Click Options under Tools menu
- Select Additional Options tab
- Check Disable client-to-server
- Globally for every client - This is done in Syncrify server and affects every client. This takes precedence over individual setting.
- Log in to Syncrify using the admin account
- Click Configuration and then go to Advanced Configuration
- Check Disable Server-to-client
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post any questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.