Getting Started with SynaMan on AWS
Once you subscribe/purchase SynaMan on AWS, you can now launch an instance, a VM with SynaMan already installed on it. To launch the instance, follow the instructions below.
1. Launching an instance from SynaMan AMI
To start, access your EC2 dashboard. Click on Launch Instance as shown below:
You can also click on Instances on the left menu, then click on Launch instance.
You will now see a launch instance wizard. Here, you will need to specify multiple options:
- Name: specify any name here.
- AMI: select the SynaMan AMI
- Instance Type: Select the instance type for SynaMan. We recommend selecting t2.medium.
- Keypair: Keypair is used to access the machine (SSH) where SynaMan is running. Specify a key pair that you use here (if not, create a key pair). See here for more information about key pairs.
- Network settings: By default, ports 22, 80, 443, and 6060 should be open. In not, configure these ports to be available.
- Configure storage: By default, 30 GB is set. Increase this value higher if you need additional disk space.
Once configured, you will see a summary at the bottom. Confirm the settings are correct, then click on Launch instance. You will see your instance in the instances page as shown below:
2. Accessing SynaMan Interface from the Instance
Once the instance is running, you can now access the web interface of SynaMan. You can access it by entering the public IP address in your address bar, or by entering the hostname. If you click the checkbox next to the instance on the instance page, this will bring up the instance detail. In the detail tab, you can also click on "open address" next to the address/hostname:
You should now see the initial setup for SynaMan. Follow the instructions on the interface to complete your setup.
How do I configure static IP for my Instance?
By default, the IP address for your instance is a dynamic IP that will change if you stop the instance. If you want to have a static IP, you will need to configure an elastic IP address. Please see AWS's documentation here
for more details.
How do I modify Instance settings (Storage, firewall rules, etc.)
You can modify other instance settings by highlighting your instance, then go to either the security tab (for firewall rules) or the storage tab (to increase the disk size). For detailed instructions, please see here
for changing the disk size, and here
for changing firewall rules.