WinSQL » Knowledge base
|WinSQL runs as an invisible window - only appears in the task bar.
|7/29/09 5:06 PM
|Last modified on:
|12/13/18 12:02 PM
Problem: WinSQL's window disappears from screen - you can see it running in the task bar.
This problem occurs when you switch from a two monitor to one monitor
machine. WinSQL saves the location of the window before it exits. If
that location does not exist next time you start WinSQL, it will draw
itself outside the window boundary and will be hidden.
Steps to solve this problem
WinSQL saves every configuration
parameter to a file. By resetting the coordinates in this file you can
restore the location. Following steps show you how to modify this file
- Using Windows Explorer go the following folder
- On XP, 2000 & 2003 - c:\Documents And Settings\YourUserID\Application Data\WinSQL
- On Vista, Windows 7 & 2008 - C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Roaming\WinSQL
- Locate a file called WinSQL.conf and open it in any editor, like Notepad
- Search for LastTop and LastLeft. Change their values to 0
- Save the file and restart WinSQL
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post any questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.