WinSQL » Knowledge base
|Subject:||I get the following error when importing a databag. Error: Data type for parameter 1 has changed since first SQLExecute call|
|Creation date:||7/29/09 4:50 PM|
|Last modified on:||10/31/18 11:43 AM|
You are getting the following error message when importing data from a DataBag to any database:
[ERROR] Unable to insert data. Row number = 2. Error: Data type for parameter 1 has changed since first SQLExecute call.
This error occurs when you are using an ODBC driver from DataDirect
Technologies. Note that the drivers that ship with WinSQL are made by
this company and some drivers shipped with Informix and Sybase are also
made by the same company.
To avoid this problem follow the steps below.
- Login as Administrator on the machine
- Use Regedit or any other Windows Registry editor
- Select Edit/Find on the main menu and search for your DSN name. This is the name that gets displayed in WinSQL connection window.
- Click Find Next to search. You should end up with a registry entry that matches with following path:
If the path does not match with these value, go to the next search results.
- When you select the DSN in Regedit, it should display some key-value pairs on the right hand side.
- Add a new String Value and call it WorkArounds. Assign 536870912 as the value for this newly added key.
- Start WinSQL and try to import data again.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.