8 Best Alternatives to Acronis in the Market
Whether you're an individual or a company, we all produce massive amounts of data every day. However, there are always chances of the data getting lost due to a hard drive crash or file corruption. Backup tools exist to copy data on your devices and store them in a safe place, ensuring you never lose critical business data.
Acronis: A Secure Backup Solution
Acronis is a secure backup tool available as an on-premise and cloud solution. Thanks to its secure backup for any workload, the solution keeps your data safe from any threat and protects your data across physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile environments.
Furthermore, Acronis is a reliable source to recover apps, systems, and data on any device, from any incident. Its file and disk-image backup enable you to backup any file individually or your entire business data as a single file. Users can define a list of critical apps, and Acronis will ensure you don't lose your in-progress work from frequently used applications.
No matter where you save the file, Acronis monitors every change you make to the listed apps. This secure backup solution protects your data from ransomware attacks, and its anti-malware scanning of backups prevents the system from restoring the files having malware.
While Acronis is a great backup solution, it may appear to be pricey compared to its counterparts that offer the same features at a less price.
- Type: Cloud & On-premise
- Support: Chat, email, and phone support is provided to customers.
- Price: Starting from $65 for 5 GB of Acronis Cloud Storage with a free trial
Features to Consider
Primary data failures can occur as a result of software or hardware failure, data corruption, or accidental deletion of data. In this regard, backup and recovery tools can prove beneficial. While backup tools have the same approach to backup and recovering data, there are other features you must consider when comparing different tools and software.
Here is a list of a few systemic and nonsystemic features you need to consider.
Systemic features include the following.
- Security/Encryption: No matter what type of tool you?re looking for, security must be your top priority. With the increase in cyber threats, you must be aware of the importance of security and encryption. Ensure the solution you choose offers optimum security.
- Privacy: Discover how the tool handles user privacy and does it offer any access controls to manage privacy and access rights.
- Integration with ongoing infrastructure: Understand whether or not the tool is compatible with your current infrastructure and how it can be integrated.
Non-systemic features include.
- Cost:Consider the cost of the solution and the limitations that come with different pricing plans. Does the solution offer the same features at a lower price compared to its other counterparts?
- Support: What kind of support does the tool provide to its customers, and how support is being offered, for instance, via email, phone, or live chat?
- Development:How actively is the solution being developed, and how developers around the globe can contribute to the tool's development?
Best Acronis Alternatives
Here is a list of the best Acronis Alternatives that back up your files securely.
is a private cloud-based backup and synchronization tool that is available as a free version for home users and a perpetual license for professional users. The secure solution works with Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X.
With no limits on size, bandwidth, or frequency of backups, users can back up more than terabytes of data without getting into any problems. Moreover, the tool protects your data from hardware failure or theft, or ransomware by encrypting your data.
Using SSL and HTTPS, Syncrify ensures a secure communication channel between the client and the server. Also, it prevents unauthorized access to the files once they have been copied to the server.
Syncrify allows businesses to back up as many systems as required to a central repository within the company. Furthermore, you can synchronize files and folders across various machines. Since Syncrify offers maximum security to protect your data, no third party will ever see your data.
- Type: Cloud Based.
- Support: Phone and email support
- Price: Free for home users, and a perpetual license starts from $49 for a single machine.
is a cloud backup service that enables users to protect their data while benefiting from Carbonite's user-friendly consumer-level interface and syncing capabilities. It offers sophisticated hybrid backups for business usage as well as home usage. Moreover, Carbonite uses AES 128-bit encryption for home users to encrypt their data and secure it from unauthorized access.
Additionally, the tool deploys AES 256-bit encryption for business users and lets you enable 2FA to secure your files from data exposure.
- Type: Cloud-Based.
- Support: Support is provided through different channels, including email, phone, customer support portal, etc.
- Price: Basic plan for professional users starts from $6/month for 1 to 3 computers with limited features.
Backup and Recovery, also known as Cove Data Protection, is a cloud-based solution that enables MSPs to backup their data across physical/virtual servers, Microsoft 365, applications and databases, etc. It provides built-in cloud storage that is encrypted using AES 256-bit security and protects your data in transit and at rest and against ransomware attacks.
Furthermore, the solution provides flexible recovery options with no hardware hassles, including bare-metal recovery, appliance-free local recovery, and automated recovery testing. With automated recovery testing, you don't have to worry about testing your backups for threats, Cove will do it for you. You can try N-Able's features with a 30 days free trial period.
- Type: Cloud-Based
- Support: Support is provided through forums, live chat, email, and phone.
- Price: 30-days free trial version is available.
A simplified backup and recovery tool, Vembu
is diverse enough to backup any workload, such as data center and private cloud, SaaS applications, endpoints, and cloud workloads. The tool offers a 30-day free trial version to help users explore the full functionality and decide whether or not the solution fits their needs.
Moreover, Vembu is a cost-effective solution that offers affordable pricing plans with various editions to help users cut costs on data protection and security. Additionally, it helps businesses reduce their downtime by booting the backup instantly in any of the hypervisors.
- Type: On-prem/Hybrid/Cloud.
- Support: Support is provided through the ticketing system.
- Price: Prices vary based on your infrastructure. Learn more here.
is a SaaS solution that provides integrated backup and compliance monitoring to enable data protection. Druva inSync Enterprise Endpoint Data Backup is designed for business users to help them protect their corporate data anywhere, anytime. Furthermore, the solution uses advanced security capabilities to protect user data, such as encryption, role-based access controls (RBAC), single sign-on support, etc. Also, it is certified by various compliance regulations, including HIPAA, SOC-2 Type-II, etc.
- Type: Cloud/On-premise/Hybrid.
- Support: Support is provided through different means, such as a knowledge base, community, support portal, and Druva Academy.
- Price: Prices vary based on different infrastructures. Learn more.
is another backup and recovery tool available as a local and offsite solution. No matter where your data is, with Barracuda Backup, you can protect your hybrid physical, virtual, as well as SaaS environments. Also, it enables fast recovery of data from servers, offsite locations, or the Cloud. Barracuda Backup is a secure solution that protects your data using several security features, including ransomware protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and more.
- Type: Local and offsite.
- Support: Community, phone, as well as web support is provided.
- Price: Pricing depends on your preferred choice of storage capacity and other factors. Learn more here.
is a secure backup tool available as an on-prem, hybrid, and cloud solution. You can protect your Windows Servers, physical and virtual networks, and disk-to-disk-to-cloud (D2D2D) backups using BackupAssist. The solution is divided into three categories based on your personal choice and preference: BackupAssistER, Classic, and 365. No matter what plan you choose, the tool provides ultimate security to secure your data against cyber threats, including ransomware attacks.
- Type: On-premise/Open Source and cloud.
- Support: Community-based support. Dedicated support is available for a cost.
- Price: Starting at €15/user/month.
is a centrally managed local and cloud backup solution that provides backups for distributed systems, virtual machines, and applications. The solution is designed specifically for managed service providers (MSPs) to help them back up their clients' data while following the stringent regulatory compliance requirements. Also, the tool provides maximum data protection against threats and other security risks.
- Type: Cloud & On-premise.
- Support: Support is available through the ticketing system.
- Price: Starts from €39.95 per year for a single PC and €159.80 per year for up to 5 PCs.
Choosing the best backup solution is a tiresome task that can sometimes become challenging for users due to the number of tools available out there. However, users and businesses must look into their needs and what they require in a backup solution. The article consists of a few best backup tools, and you can choose from the list that suits well according to your business needs and data performance.