Disk Quota Home Folder
This feature is available in the Enterprise Edition only
Starting version 4.0, administrators can assign a quota for user's home folder
Quotas are assigned using two methods:
- Individually - Click the Modify for the desired user in User Management screen. Specify
a value for Home Quota. See image below.
- Collectively - Click the button for Manage Quota under User Management. Besides displaying
a summary of quota assigned to every user, this screen allows administrators to:
- Specify default quota, which affects the value of quota when new users are created
- Assign a quota to every existing user, which is a quick way to change quota for every user
- Define what happens when a user goes beyond their quota
SynaMan does not abruptly end a file that is being uploaded if it causes the user's disk usage goes beyond allocated
quota. This is done by design to avoid file corruption.