|Subject:||Backups work manually but not when scheduled|
|Creation date:||3/6/14 3:09 PM|
|Last modified on:||8/11/14 8:02 AM|
Ensure Backup Monitor Service is running. This is a regular service on Windows and can be checked from Control Panel / Services application. Additionally, ensure this Service is configured to start automatically.Mapped drives
Another way of ensure this service is running is to check its status from the server side by following the steps below.
- Log into the web interface of Syncrify Server using the admin account.
- Click Remote Clients under Quick Links
- Confirm you see the desired clients in this list. If you do not see the client, that means the client cannot communicate with the server
The concept of mapped drives in Windows is user specific - meaning the OS maps these drive when a user logs in and they are not available to any other user on the system but the one who is currently logged in.Permissions
Therefore, mapped drives results in error because they are not available to the service that triggers a scheduled job. This is an OS-level restriction built into Windows.
Additionally, it is not a good idea to backup mapped drives. Click here for more information.
Since scheduled backups run as the SYSTEM user, some of the folders with restrictive permission may result in errors. In such cases, try changing the user that runs the service using the following steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Go to Services application
- Locate Backup Monitor Service, click the right mouse button and select Properties
- Select the Log On tab and change the user
Posted by Paul Harding on 9/26/16 3:59 AM