Syncrify » Knowledge base
|Subject:||Moving Syncrify server from one machine to another|
|Creation date:||8/17/10 10:54 AM|
|Last modified on:||8/17/10 10:54 AM|
Moving Syncrify server to another machine
Following steps demonstrate how to move Syncrify server from one machine to another. Syncrify keeps every file in one folder, making it very easy to move it to a different machine.
- Install Syncrify on the new machine. Try to install Syncrify in the same folder where it is installed on the older machine
- Stop Syncrify if it is running on the new machine.
- Copy the following files from the older machine to the new one
- config\AppConfig.xml - this file contains configuration parameter
- config\UserMappings.xml - this file contains users and their repository. If the repository path is different on the new machine, you will have to manually modify this file. Open this file in any text editor and change the paths.
- Move the files from older user repository to the new one. User repository is the location that stores backed up files.
- Start Syncrify on the newer machine
- Login as admin and confirm everything is running correctly.
Posted by PCTec86 on 8/20/11 10:55 PM
I transfered PC's and followed the directions above, but now I can't log in under admin. What's strange is that I can log in with the client's credentials, but not admin. I've tried logging in with the previous working password, admin, and also leaving it blank but nothing works. Any ideas?
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.