Backing up Syncrify server
Often administrators want to backup Syncrify server so that it can be replaced with minimum downtime when a disaster strikes. This page outlines some tips that can be used to minimize this time.
- The most important resources on Syncrify server is the repository where client's files are stored. We recommend using hard disk mirroring so that data is stored on two drives instead of one.
- Another suggestions is to dedicate a disk for this purpose - meaning no other data is stored on the disk where user files are stored. This way if the entire machine crashes, all you will need is to move the disk from one machine to another
- Install Syncrify server on a standby machine with similar operating system and directory structure. When disaster strikes, you will need to do the following:
- Move the repository disk to this standby machine
- Move the config folder. This folder contains information about users, serial numbers and other settings in Syncrify
- Change the IP address of the standby machine to match the production.