Remote Controling Syncrify Client
Remote Control is a feature available in Syncrify Client Service application. This feature is NOT available when you use the Integrated client
. Click here
for more information about different types of clients.
Prerequisites of using Remote Control
- Build number of Syncrify client must be newer than 657
- Windows service client is installed. At this time, this feature is only available on clients running on MS Windows. Mac OS X and Linux clients do not have this feature.
- Ensure remote control is enabled. Click Options under the Tools menu in Syncrify client and then check the box for Remote Control
Remote Control allows administrators to:
- Manually trigger a backup on a client machine from Syncrify server's web interface
- Fetch log and configuration file from the client machine allowing administrators to troubleshoot problems.
Steps to use
- Log in as admin to Syncrify server's web interface
- Click Remote Clients under Quick Links
- Click View details next to the desired client
- The next screen display profiles configured on this client
- Click Run now to trigger a backup.
Keep the following information in mind when using this feature.
- A manual backup can take up to a minute to actually start when triggered from server's web interface.
- Syncrify client can connect to more than one server to run backups. However, remote controlling can be done through one server only. Consider an example where Syncrify client runs profileA to serverA, profileB to serverB and profileC to serverA.
In this example, only serverA will be able to remote control the client. Syncrify client picks serverA for remote control because it appears in two profiles, whereas serverB is used in one.