Create a share folder on the server and grant Exchange Trusted Subsystem read/write permission. In this example, we are using a share called ExchangePST that is referring to C:\ExchangePST folder. See image on the right and click to enlarge.
This folder is used to store exported PST files from Exchange server.
Next, you will need to grant a user, or group, the Mailbox Import Export role. Backups will run using this user's account. Follow the steps below to accomplish this task:
- Open Exchange Management Shell on the machine
- Type the following command.
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User YourActiveDirectoryDomain\Administrator
Change the machine and user/group name appropriately in the above command.
- Close Exchange Management Shell by typing the Exit command.
Change the user account that will run backups using the following steps:
- Open Services from Control Panel
- Locate a service called Backup Monitoring Service, double click it to invoke the properties window.
- Click the Log On tab and switch the account to Administrator. See image below
Now you are ready to configure Syncrify Client.
- Start Syncrify client
- Select the Profile name node on the left and click the right mouse button. Then, select MS Exchange from plugin.
- This opens up the following window.
Following table contain field definitions for this window.
Shared Folder Name: Shared folder you created in Step 1 Shared Folder Path: Absolute path of this shared folder Exchange Path: Location where MS Exchange is installed.
- Once plugin is configured, run backup to confirm it is working