|Subject:||Installing Syncrify on FreeNAS|
|Creation date:||12/4/17 11:21 AM|
|Last modified on:||12/4/17 11:23 AM|
Running Syncrify on FreeNAS
This tutorial explains how to install and run Syncrify on FreeNAS server.
The following was done with Syncrify 4.3 build 949 and FreeNAS version FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b) installed on FreeBSD version 11
- Create a new Jail in FreeBSD. Easiest way is to connect to your FreeNAS web interface and click on Jails on the left.
- Once Jail is created, open a Shell connection. Click image below for a screenshot.
- Install Java by using the following command:
pkg install openjdk8
Refer to this page for details
- Confirm Java by running the following command:
- Download the package for Other Operating Systems platforms from the download page
- We recommend extracting the files in
/opt/Syncrify. Follow instructions on our download page on how to extract and run
Posted by diller on 10/7/18 6:07 PM
I got Syncrify running in a jail on FreeNas 11.1-U6. I made a default jail, and followed the instructions here and on the download page. It won't run right out the gate, though. I had to edit the run.sh script to change the shell to "#!/bin/sh" (bash is not installed to /bin in FreeNAS), and change the location of java to "/usr/local/bin/java". After that, the server started up just fine.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.