WinSQL » Knowledge base
|Subject:||WinSQL on USB drive|
|Creation date:||6/23/10 10:23 AM|
|Last modified on:||12/21/10 3:58 PM|
Installing WinSQL on USB Flash Drive
Follow the steps below to install WinSQL on a USB flash drive. These steps assume the USB drive is on the F: drive.
- Download WinSQL Raw files from http://synametrics.com/files/WinSQLRaw.zip . This archive file contains necessary files to run WinSQL.
- Extract the downloaded files to any folder on your USB drive, for example: F:\WinSQL
- To run WinSQL simply double click F:\WinSQL\WinSQL.exe
Since WinSQL running on a USB drive is not registered with the operating system, you need to keep the following in mind:
- If you decide to use the ODBC drivers that come with WinSQL, ensure to un-register them before pulling the USB driver out. ODBC drivers need to be registered with the operating system and using them will result in orphan drivers when the USB drive is not attached to the system.
- You will not be able to use the built-in scheduler. In order to use the scheduler certain file extensions must be registered with WinSQL on the system. Due to the temporary nature of a USB drive, creating file extension is not recommended.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.