Upgrading Syncrify to a new version
Starting from v3.3 Syncrify client gets updated automatically when the server is upgraded,
provided you are using the service-based
Upgrading Syncrify Server
Do NOT uninstall and reinstall Syncrify Server. Installing Syncrify
server again will overwrite your existing configuration, including users.
We recommend you always use the latest version of Syncrify server as well as client. Following steps demonstrate how to check if an upgrade is available and apply it.
Steps to upgrade server
- Connect to Syncrify server's web interface as admin
- Click Check for upgrades link appearing under Quick Links on the right hand side. See image below.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the new upgrade.
Upgrading Syncrify Client
If you have created a branded client
using the ISP edition you must recreate this client using the web interface of your Syncrify server.
Steps to upgrade client
User data is preserved when Syncrify client is reinstalled.
- Using a web browser connect to Syncrify server from the client machine
- Click Download client under Quick Links on the home page
If you are running Syncrify version 3.0 or above, you can click the Backup client update
icon to check for new versions.