Log files are stored in the Data Folder
on the client machine.
The easiest way to get to this folder is to click Open Data Folder from Syncrify client.
Refer to this image
for a screenshot.
This will open up the Data Folder on the client machine, containing a sub-folder called logs
, which will contain a file called SyncrifyClient.log
. This is the log file on the client side and will useful information.
Accessing client logs from the server
Starting from version 3.3, administrators can view the client logs without explicitly asking the end-user. Follow the procedure below.
- The following steps will only work if client is running at least version 3.3 and remote controlling is enabled. Additionally, SMTP server settings for Syncrify server must be correctly specified.
- Login to server interface using the admin account
- Click Remote Clients under Quick Links
- Click View Details for the desired user
- Click the link to Submit logs and specify the recipients email address. Logs are sent via email.