Changing the path for Data Folder in Syncrify
Syncrify automatically selects the path for its Data Folder, which is kept in user's home folder. If you want multiple users to share these profiles, you will have to modify this location and move it to a folder that is not user specific.
Following steps display how to move this path.
On Microsoft Window
- Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\SyncrifyClient, or the folder where you have installed Syncrify client.
- Open SyncrifyClient.lax file in any editor like Notepad
- Add the following line towards the end of the file
There are two important things to note here:
- Text after the = sign is specified within double quotes
- Use forward slash to specify folder separation.
On Linux and other platforms
One Linxu and other platforms, you will have to modify the shell script that is used to run Syncrify Client. Simply add -Dsyncrify.custom.home=/tmp/data
text after java
, for example:
java -Dsyncrify.custom.home=/tmp/data -jar SyncrifyClient.jar $*
with the actual path