Using Total Branding
administrators can modify the looks of SynaMan to match the theme of their corporate website.
See the following example below.
Watch a tutorial video with step-by-step instructions on how to use Total branding|
You must be using the Enterprise edition of SynaMan in order to use Total Branding. This feature is not available in SynaMan Personal or Professional edition. The Personal edition of SynaMan runs in trial mode for the first 30 days and therefore, you can use Total Branding during this time. Once 30 days are over, you won't be able to use this feature unless you upgrade to the Enterprise edition.
Additionally, the following steps assume you have some experience working with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets.
- Interface for publicly accessible pages can be fully customized
- Use custom images and cascading style sheets
- Seamless navigation can be achieved between your corporate website and SynaMan's web interface
Steps to apply Total Branding
What happens in the background?
- Total Branding does not modify the interface of every page in SynaMan. Instead, it only modifies the publicly available pages, which include:
Pages that require admin access are not modified by Total Branding. The native interface is required to perform administrative tasks in SynaMan.
- Login Page
- File Explorer
- Public links
- SynaMan fetches the page specified in the Template URL field and saves this page to
$INSTALL_DIR/branding/CustomTemplate.htm file. Opening this file in a browser should render the page exactly as it appears on your website.
You are free to make any changes to this downloaded file as you like.
Working with images and styles
SynaMan uses several images to spice up the web interface. Total branding allows you to modify these images or replace them completely. Additionally, you can also overwrite any style used in SynaMan. Following steps demonstrate how to accomplish this task.
- First, identify the image you want to change. Some web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, can display the image file name by clicking the right mouse button and selecting View image from the pop-up menu.
- Create another image file with the same name and dimensions and save it to
- To override any style used by SynaMan, create a file called branded.css and place it in
$INSTALL_DIR/branding/resources. SynaMan will load the styles dynamically from this file.