The audit-trail logging mechanism in SynaMan allows administrators to back-trace a user's activity. Whenever someone logs in, views the contents in a folder, download or uploads a file, a log file gets generated in the back-ground. There are two ways to view this file:
- Using SynaMan's web interface
- Manually view the file in any text editor. The file is located in $SYNAMAN/logs folder
Using the web interface
SynaMan's web interface exposes a convenient way to view the audit-trail logs. Following steps demonstrate how to view this log.
- Log in to the web interface using the admin account.
- Click View Audit Logs under Quick Links on the right hand side.
- The following page displays entries in the log file in reverse order - meaning the most recent log entry appears first.
- Specify a search string on the top to filter entries.