Besides displaying reports by users, version 3.0 also display reports by date for every user, allowing administrators to quickly get a snapshot of backup jobs that ran for a particular day.
The two types of report are:
- Report by user - Click here for a screen shot.
- Report by date - Click here for a screen shot.
- Inactivity report - Display users who did not run a backup in the last 24 hours
- Report via email - Administrators can receive an email containing a summarized report for past 24 hours
Exporting client backup log to CSV
Administrators now have the ability to save the backup log generated by a client on the server machine. This data is stored in CSV (comma separated values) on the server, which can be easily imported into a relational database for further analysis.
This option is disabled by default. Follow the steps below to turn it on.
- Login as admin to the web interface
- Click Configuration and then Advanced Configuration
- Check Save client log
- Click Save button
When this option is turned on, Syncrify client will send the backup log to the server, which then converts that into a CSV file and saves it to a local folder. These files are located off of $INSTALLDIR/ClientBackupLogs folder.
Files names use the following format:
The first token contains a date value represented in milliseconds since January 01, 1970. The second token holds total bytes transferred.
Every CSV file contain 3 columns:
- Action -Contains an integer from 1 to 7 signifying the state of the file.
- Entire file
- No change
- Partial file
- Restored - (Partial file)
- Restored - (Entire file)
- File size -
- File path -